Monday, February 16, 2009

New Laundry Room

So, a few weeks ago our washer broke. I was pretty bummed because having three kids as many of you know...creates a lot of laundry. It was the night before we were supposed to go to California for Darci's baby blessing and the girls had a music performance at school. Talk about stress! Joseph and I can make a pretty good team. He went to RC Willey while I went to Kennedy's performance. Then I met him at RC Willey to check out his ideas and made it back just in time for Cassidee's performance. This is what he picked out. I was really excited about the environmental aspects of the Electrolux and thrilled that we could stack them. I wish I had a before picture...but this is after. Before, that rolling laundry separator was behind the door so you could only open the door about half way. Then, the girls would hang their back packs and it'd be incredible difficult to get any laundry done. Today, Joseph put up some shelves in the room which created so much more room!
He even got some thing to put the mop and brooms on. Those "Bring You Own Bags" take up a lot of space too. I'm so happy with it all!


Hooks for the girls stuff! Are you kidding me? This was a dream come true!

What a Valentines Day surprise!

14 comments:

Melanie said...

oh how I love organization - there is nothing better. I bet you look for excuses to do the laundry now. :)

The Hiller Family said...

I am so happy! I love seeing things like this and it's great that it's YOUR new laundry room!! He did a great job... must say, it's pretty romantical when our men do stuff like this!

Sharon said...

sweet!!

Side note: I still think if you saw a cartier in person you would want one!! haha

Kimberly Lee said...

Your funny!! Oh the things we get excited about!!

Karen and Adam said...

Not until I was a mom did I realize just how awesome stuff for the laundry-room is! You always make me smile, Rachel!

Angie said...

I love it! It is funny, as a mom things like cool laundry rooms make us happy:)

The Stones said...

Rach, it looks AMAZING! You and Joe have such style, I'm so impressed! Isn't it funny how excited we get about things like hooks and shelves? :)

Alison said...

Isn't if funny the things that make us happy after a few years of marriage? We got a front loading washer a few years ago. We totally couldn't afford it at the time but we needed a new washer and I wanted a front loader. I love it. it is so much easier on you cloths. and you can do quilts and blankets. I'm always washing others quilts. A cycle takes longer but it is worth it. The room looks great. I'm very excited for you!

jill d said...

Rachel, I love it! Who knew nice laundry rooms could make us happy? I'm impressed with Joe. Let me know how you like your new washer and dryer, I'm very interested.

We are the Dall family said...

you are lucky! I am jealous!

Darci Wilson said...

Who would have ever thought that joseph would know about organization. I know it has all come from you...you're so good for him.

Diana said...

looks great Rachel. I'm very envious. What a great Valentine's surprise.

Michelle Woj said...

So I told my husband about your laundy room and now he wants to do the same exact thing to ours. Our houses look a lot a like, from the pictures I've seen on your blog... We've got a washer and dryer similar to that too.. Now we're just trying to figure out if they're stackable... :) Very nice!

Kara said...

I love those washer and dryers! I want to get some of those some day :)

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones