Monday, July 6, 2009

What a weekend!

We really had fun this 4th of July. It is my most very favorite holiday. When I was little we used to go to Bear Lake every year. But since that place has exploded with people lately, we go there when it is a little quieter. So now, we just find stuff to do around here! We went to the drive ins with some friends of mine. Boy, was I ever grateful for this vehicle. We saw "Up" which I thought was phenomenal. I had no idea! We also saw "The Proposal". It was my second time, but still way funny. Cassidee and Kennedy were in the cheer clinics for Davis High. This meant they were in our fave parade.
Kennedy looked so bored on that truck but this is her when she saw us. Kim and I were laughing.

Daddy got to come home this weekend too. Sicily was sooooo happy to see him.



I made a delish cake. Then I made my family sing, "You're a Grand Ol' Flag". Thanks Kim for that awesome picture.....um, Facebook anyone?


10 comments:

Melanie said...

The drive-in....how fun is that. I don't think we've ever taken our kids. What a good idea! And love the cake. Who knew you were such a betty!!

Alison said...

I'm glad joe got to come home for your favorite holiday. It looks like you had a great time. We've never tried the drive in we just might have to give it a try.

Angie said...

I love the cake, super cute! What a fun idea to go to the drive in!

We are the Dall family said...

Ahh, Rach! It looks like you had so much fun. I bet Joe missed Sicily just as much as she missed him. I am still so sad to see you go....

The Hiller Family said...

I love those cakes! I just didn't get a piece!! :(

Kimberly Lee said...

It was a great weekend!! I hope we still have those fun weekends after you move. :( Love ya girl!

Diana said...

what a fabulous weekend and Yay that you got to see Joseph.

Karen and Adam said...

How funny...we just went a couple weeks ago to see UP at the drive-in. Does that mean I have at least a tiny bit of Rachel Banks coolness for doing the same thing? ;) I LOVE that you made your family sing "Grand Ol' Flag!" Seriously, you are so fun, Rachel!

Kara said...

I love the July holidays! So fun!

Lors said...

Do you guys have an Aramda? We have the same car, and LOVE it! Thanks for your advice the other day. It has been the best so! Cute blog by the way! I used to be so good at bloging and now.... well I need to get back at it.

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones