Saturday, March 21, 2009

St. George road trip!

I hate it when I put pictures up in the wrong order. But anyway.....Joseph has friends in LA that he is really close to. They met us in St. George last weekend. We got to stay in this beautiful house with the nicest family...Krista's family. She is married to Greg who grew up with Joe. Anyway, we were just hiking around when we were watching some people repel. My friend Jenn and I were really interested so the dad was like, "Let me go back and get my gear." I thought that was so nice! Anyway, I repelled for the very first time ever. A lot of people thought it was no big but for me....it was such an accomplishment. I'm not sure why but I was super excited that I did it. The cliff was like 80 feet high! This picture doesn't do it justice. I'm serious. Joe did it to. He was a pro.
Goofing around. Scaring Jenn....

Ummmm, Joe being Joe?



This is Mike Sessions and his long time girl friend Sue. Joe has known Mike since they were 8. I just love Sue too. This is also one of the baby boys I'll never have, Zac.






12 comments:

Angie said...

Way to go, I have never repelled either, I am super impressed and that is a great accomplishment!

We are the Dall family said...

Fun! I want to go to sunny St. George!

Sharon said...

Right on Rachel!!!!! That looked killer!! loved it! Utah is in the best season ever!! I love spring in Utah!

Kristi Lou said...

I haven't been repelling either so I am proud of you!
Now is the time to go to St George before it gets too hot!!!

Alison said...

Looks like you had alot of fun. I'm such a wimp when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Kimberly Lee said...

Good job!! It is really fun, I'm glad you got to experience it, I wish I was there with you. :) No Vegas pictures huh?! :)

Melanie said...

You are a very brave lady. I'm pretty sure you would not catch me doing that.....80ft or 8 ft.

Diana said...

What a fun trip.
Lou actually proposed to me while we were rappelling in Rock Canyon.
Everyone teased him that he proposed there so that I would have to say yes if I wanted to get down :)

Kara said...

Sweet! I want to do that! I repelled one time at the outside EFY camp when I was younger, but it wasn't a real cliff :)

Karen and Adam said...

Are you kidding? 80 feet high? I'd be more than proud of myself for doing something like that! I'd probably have a life-size picture of it in my living room to prove to everyone! And you just did it on a whim! Seriously, you are the coolest chick I know, Rachel!

The Stones said...

Sniff! I miss you! You are one adventurous cat mah dear. XO

Karrie said...

How fun. Hey I'm up for a photo shoot if you are. Just let me know when. Can't wait to we you guys. It has been too long.

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones