Sunday, May 10, 2009

Saturday:Race for the Cure

Every year I look forward to Mother's Day Weekend...not for Mother's Day though. My brother Jon and his wife and I always run the Race for the Cure. It is the most exciting day. It's only a 5K but still neat. There are so many people there. I always get a little teary when you see a shirt that says, "I run for my dear wife Sally" or things like that. There are also many survivors there who show great appreciation. This is the finish line where I was dancing with the band. After the race, I was happy because my sister-in-law and I made our best time ever! I guess getting older has its perks. :)

Ummmmmm, Joe went with us this year. Ah, yeah.
I got really teary after the race with my brother. He is probably one of my favorite people. I will miss him sooooo much.



This is Kim Wood. She is in her 50s. She's a grandma. She runs it too. She did it under 27 minutes. NOT BAD!!





We also had piano recitals and a surprise when we got home but my kids are fighting and I'll have to blog about it later.

6 comments:

Alison said...

I did it to! It was my first 5k although I didn't run it. I wish I would have known you were there we could have met up,

We are the Dall family said...

How awesome! I would love to get my butt in shape and do this next year. Start small, right?

Angie said...

That is so awesome! Way to go making your best time!!

Kimberly Lee said...

My brother Jon and his WIFE, thanks for the shout out!

Rachel Banks said...

Kimberly! I always talk about you!!!!

Kara said...

So fun! What was your time? don't be modest. brag about it girlfriend!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones