Wednesday, October 14, 2009

FAB-u-lous

Ok, let's get started. I really thought moving here would be the end of my life. I really did. I'd listen to people write that it'd all be ok but I didn't believe them. Guess what? I'm all right.


Last weekend we took the girls down to LA to visit Joseph's friends. We didn't get to see his sister but maybe next time. Anyway, Krista took us shopping all day Saturday and the girls had a blast. They were even more excited when they were approached by an agent who wanted their business. They thought that was pretty cool. So, Saturday night, Cherry (Mike's fiancee)came and sat with all five kids while we went to Haunted Universal Studios. They made gingerbread houses and had a great time!!!


My eyes look really sketchy here. Maybe I was part of the program. Anyway from left to right: Greg, Krista, me, Joe, Mike, Robert, and Chrystall, and Mike at the bottom. We didn't leave until 2 am. I'm too old for that. Truly good times.



I also got a beach cruiser and a really cool seat for Sicily. I got it from Amazon.com and it came from Utah. Weird!


But I have to write about the craziest day....Tuesday October 13th. It started raining at 5am. Not just pitter patter....full force rain. A down pour. Coming in torrents. About 1:00 it was time to take Sicily to school and there were trees knocked down, flooded streets, power outages. It seriously was the craziest. It didn't stop raining until 6:00 pm. I've never seen rain come so quickly and so much. I sat in the office just waiting for the pool to overflow because all of the drains in the yard were moving so slowly It was about a centimeter from coming over the top.
Anyway, after 6, I made dinner and we were upstairs in Cassidee's room reading. EARTHQUAKE! My first one. What the????? It just like rippled through her room and we could hear it. So weird! We watched the news (major flooding and damage by the rain) and the epicenter was about a mile away from our house.
I know Joe loves us because he came running into the room during the rumble. He did! He ran into the room. I teased him later and said, "You love us!!!"

6 comments:

Karen and Adam said...

Holy cow, Rachel! That is a bizarre day! Geez...telling you that it hailed here for a minute just sounds pathetic. :) How stinkin' awesome that you have a pool!! Maybe we can be your leechy friends from Utah that use you for your pool! (Just kidding!) Sounds like you guys are doing good!

Angie said...

What a scary day, that is crazy! I am so glad that everything is going good! I love the beach cruiser, that sounds like fun!

The Hiller Family said...

I'm glad he loves you!!! :)
I'm glad we didn't get that much rain!!
I want a beach cruiser - especially with a seat like sicily's!! Lucky girl!
(sometimes, that craziest things come from Utah)

We are the Dall family said...

Wow, that would be crazy! And was all know Joe loves you, it is just a front that he put on.
Miss you!

Melanie said...

Hey - I want to see pics of haunted universal studios!!!

The Cox's said...

Your beach cruiser is freaking sweet! I want one so bad, I'm trying to convince Cort that I need one. Really cool "Sicily seat too."

P.S. I'm glad that you are loving CA.

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones