Sunday, October 4, 2009

My office & neighbors

Back home, I loved my "office". I could stay in there for hours correcting papers or "working" on the computer. I was afraid when we moved here, we wouldn't have room for our office stuff but this house does! I love it. This old school fireplace used to be gold but I sprayed it black. I was going to paint the brick but Joseph wanted to keep some of the older attributes of the house. These French doors are the coolest. The hinges used to be retro brass but I switched them out for nickle and now I love it. The two sides that are covered with the curtains have screened windows in them and it looks out to the pool.
Yay! books.


Ah, happiness.

I also have to blog about some of my new friends.....
Jeff and Catrina are awesome. Sometimes, Jeff will talk to me on his megaphone down the street. He has also helped Kennedy with her bike. They have a daughter in Kennedy's grade and a boy in kindergarten. Catrina invited us to walk with their group to Kennedy's school. We love it! Last Friday, we were running late, and the group waited for us. Tender!
Josh and Katrina are also awesome. They're both cops and have been to Iraq in the army. They have some pretty intense stories. They just had a baby boy and he's the chubbiest. Last night, we played Apples to Apples and I haven't laughed that hard since....well, the last time I played Apples to Apples.
I met Thersa at the gym. She's a trainer there. The cool thing about her is that she used to be handicapped. She was in a wheelchair for a long time. Then, through a lot of physical therapy, she got her abilities back and has placed many times in those fitness shows (whatever they're called). Truly inspiring!
There are good people everywhere and I'm thankful I get to surround myself with remarkable individuals.

10 comments:

Kimberly Lee said...

Yaaay! I'm glad it's feeling more like home for you. We still miss you like crazy! The office is looking good!

P.S. Did you notice we have the same Halloween background and same ghost blinky thing....Weird!

Rachel Banks said...

Ah! I'm sorry! I changed the background but I couldn't find the blinkie thing to change. He's a cute little guy :) See ya soon!

Kimberly Lee said...

You didn't have to change it, I just thought it was funny, that we picked the same thing! :)

Karen and Adam said...

Holy cow, your house looks awesome, Rachel! As I'm looking outside at our dark gray day and our mountains turning snowy, I'm thinking you've got the right idea out there in the sun with a pool! :) Apples to Apples is one of my favorite games!

Angie said...

I love the office, your house looks great! I love Apples to Apples too, that is the funniest game ever!

We are the Dall family said...

i love it! Gald to hear you are enjoying yourself!

Alison said...

I'm so glad your finding your place and makeing good friends there. I knew you would be just fine. I love hearing about your adventures there.

Melanie said...

Your office is wonderful!!! I love the french doors.

Diana said...

wow your office is great. I love it its so beautiful especially the bookshelves wow!

Kara said...

I'm so glad things are going well for you. It is always hard to move and make new friends, but also a new adventure :) We just went to our new ward for the first time today. Gotta get to know people all over :)

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones