Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Stuff

I haven't posted about the house in a while. Really, we've done a lot. We are busy every weekend doing stuff. From pruning trees to taking out shelves to getting soft water, this house is keeping us going. Because we finally got the floors redone, Joseph was able to put in new baseboards. Before they were ugly cheap wood ones so he put in pretty white ones (that I painted of course :) ) We were also finally able to move our couch down into this room after the floors were done. Before, Joseph and I had to share a love sac and that didn't work for me very well. Boys stink. He he. Over New Years Greg and his family and Mike and his family (love you guys!!!!) came up to build some more shelves in the garage. I love it! Joseph also got me a label maker for Christmas so I was able to label everything! It's a dream come true!!! He also got the wake/snow boards off the floor which makes me happy.
So, I got this cool table at World Market. I just walked right in and knew it was meant for me. When Joseph asked me how much my response was, "But it is so perfect for our house!" because, ummmm, it was a little much for a table. However, notice the new vent covers and those snazzy baseboards. OW. It's hot!

These are the new couches. Greg and Krista introduced us to Big Lots. AMAZING! We were looking at couches for thousands of dollars (seriously, three kids, a dog, and a cat) and found these for less than 800. Believe it or not it took six of us over an hour to figure out how to arrange everything. I wanted to focal point to be the piano and it's right across from the couches. I love it! Aren't the floors so pretty!



This is just a before picture to show you the ugly floors and old school shutters. GHETTO!
Thanks Greg, Mike, Krista, Cherry, and Jeff for helping us get this place in order. What a great Christmas/New Years present :)







6 comments:

Kimberly Lee said...

Lookin' good!! It's the little things that make us so happy!! And I believe your Mom introduced you to Big Lots years ago, you just weren't having it..... :)

The Hiller Family said...

Amazing!! It WAS totally ghetto! I've done very well with it! I love the furniture too!

The Hiller Family said...

Ooops! YOU'VE done very well with it... i'm just wishing to be like you some day!!

Diana said...

you're house is so beautiful. wow!
I love that table.

The Cox's said...

Well aren't you a little interior decorator? Nice. Looks fab. Love the couches by the way.

Kara said...

Nice! love the decorations!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones