Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tennis anyone?

We live down the street from a park. A magnificent park. The playground-swings included- is covered with beautiful trees and loads of grass. There are numerous slides, old "dinosaur bones" to climb, and bars to do gymnastics. It even has a cute little doggie park just for Nico.

One sunny afternoon, just the other day, Sicily and I went to the park to play before I picked up the girls from school. (This is one of the perks of being a stay at home mommy.) As I was pushing my little munchkin on the swings, I noticed....tennis courts!

I am not a tennis player. I've only played once in my life. Nine years ago in fact, on our honeymoon in Kauai, Hawaii. Joseph and I were staying at a time share with courts so we decided to play. Nine years ago, Joe was just content to just let me hit the balls. It didn't matter what direction or how hard I hit. Nine years ago he hugged me and told me I did a good job.

After seeing these awesome tennis courts at the park, I told Joe, "We need to buy some rackets and use these courts! You brought me here to 'sunny California', now we need to reap the benefits of living here." So, we bought rackets. His and her rackets :)

Today we played tennis for the second time together. I was schooling Joe, or I thought. I was hitting the ball, running back and forth, serving up a mad storm. Wow! Little did I know that Joseph is a professional tennis player and could point out every little flaw or mistake I made. I had no idea that he "took a class in college" and had obtained such insane skill!

Oh Joseph. I love you! You make me laugh and help me strive to be the best...even at tennis.

4 comments:

Kimberly Lee said...

I was just thinking the other day I wanted to play tennis. It's fun to just hit the ball back and forth, who cares!! Joseph Joseph Joseph, I guess we'll be seeing you in Wimbledon???!

Diana said...

That sounds like fun! Sharon and I actually took a class in elementary school. I am not good at all but it is so fun to play.
You need to post a picture of you with your racket!

Karen and Adam said...

Rachel, you are awesome! I always love your blog! I took a bowling class in college.... I wish I could school anybody at all in my mad bowling skills. Nope. I'm crappy.

Angie said...

I love it! You are too funny! I am impressed with your mad tennis skills even if you are not a "professional":)

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones