Sunday, January 25, 2009

Projects in the Banks' house

One thing is certain, kids keep you busy! Kennedy has a "Cold Weather Animal report" due this week. It was fun working on it with her. She was so proud of her finish project that we had to show it off! She had to have a written copy and a poster to show off as well. She is such a good kid. Besides having what her teacher calls and "attitude", she is very bright. She is the top reader of her class. What a good girl! She is awfully cute too.
Cassidee has to do the science project at school as well. Her experiment....see if green bags really work. We had a banana, a strawberry, and a tomato out of the bag, in a green bag, and in a regular ziplock baggie. We are going to see what works best.





These babies cost 10 bucks for 20 bags. Is it worth it? You can't wait to find out!!!


Then, my project...I've been correcting some comprehension tests that my students took on Friday. We are reading the book "Number the Stars". For those of you who are unfamiliar with this book, it is about a 10 year old girl who lives in Denmark during WWII. Her best friend is Jewish. After reading some of these answers, I have great hopes for our future generation.
Question: Do you think King Christian did the right thing by surrendering to the Nazis?
Answer: Yes, because a lot of people would have died.
Answer: Well, I think he did the right thing because with all the people killed, it wouldn't be Denmark anymore.
Question: Do you think the Jews were being treated fairly by the Germans?
Answer: I think the Jews aren't being treated fairly by the Germans because the Jews are being treated badly, shops taken away, and they can't choose religion.
Answer: I think the Jews are not being fair because people are people no matter how small.

9 comments:

Kristi said...

I have always wondered about those green bags, you must let us know what you find out!
I LOVE the picture of you on your side bar with your high school boyfriend!!!

Kristi said...

I love that you have Steve Miller on your music playlist! I love their music!!!

The Hiller Family said...

Smarty pant kids right there! It's becuase of great teachers like you!! Thanks!!

Alison said...

Those look like fun projects.
I love the book Number the Stars. Thank you for sharing their answers with us.

Karen and Adam said...

Rachel, you are one dang good mom! Seriously! I'm not surprised your kids are so blasted smart!

The Geddes Family said...

Gotta love school projects! I think Kennedy is adorable!

Michelle Woj said...

That is so funny about the "attitude." I remember teachers telling my parents the same thing when I was in school. Ha ha! And you'll have to let us know about the bags.. Very interesting!

Diana said...

What a nice school project Kennedy did great. I'm curious of Cassidee's science project results. I have been tempted to buy those bags.
I would love for you to teach my children. I wish I lived in DAvis county so you could. Your students and their parents are so lucky to have you.

Karrie said...

Oh so profound for a third grader! You are an awesome teacher.

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones