Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Orleans and the Sugar Bowl

New Orleans was such an adventure. I just wanted to soak up all the history and culture that I could in the short time we were there. It is such an amazing place and it is true what they say about southern hospitality. People were very kind everywhere! We had Utes high fiving us on the streets and Alabama fans telling us, "good luck" or "good game". It was incredible. The atmosphere of the game was great too. Everyone was so excited. I felt a lot of love. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go and to go with Joseph. He makes life so interesting.

This was my Cajun lunch. Joseph had alligator but since I'm not big on the meat eating, I stuck with some shrimp. Yummy.

This guy was incredibly brave. I had to get a picture with him!
Another dedicated fan!


We were happy campers at the Super Dome.


The Mississippi River was a blast too. We went on a river cruise and had all you can eat Cajun food. Then it started raining harder than I've ever seen it rain. We had to run home and we were drenched. Another thing that I've never EVER done before is take my shoes off in public. But on the cruise, I wore heels! Running in heels hurts. I took off my shoes and booked it. Joseph motivated me by telling me we were training for the Amazing Race.



It was so much fun! I'm posting more pictures to Facebook. I believe I have lost my blog readers so I'm kinda doing this as a journal now.

12 comments:

Christine said...

Haven't lost me! That's so awesome you got to go to the game! I am so jealous! I watched... that was as close to New Orleans as I got! It was a great game - what a great day to be a Ute!

Karen and Adam said...

Holy cow, you got to go to the Sugar Bowl?! How fun!! It sounds like it was an awesome trip! You guys do the coolest stuff! Oh, and I don't think that guy was "brave." I can't come up with a good word to describe him, though! ;) Just kidding...I think it's so cool the Utes did so well!

Angie said...

That is so fun that you got to go to the Sugar Bowl! It sounds like a blast!

We are the Dall family said...

What an awesome thing to do. Ryan is SOOOO jealous!! We looked for you on the TV durring the game, but didn't see you.
Go utes!!

Kimberly Lee said...

Looked like you had fun, we missed watching the game with you guys! It was so exciting, you should have seen Jon the whole time. It was amazing!

P.S. Did Joe get rid of all those beads???? :)

Alison said...

What fun! It is really awsome that you and Joe got to go do something like this together. YOur a lucky girl.

The Geddes Family said...

You guys look like you had so much fun! I have always wanted to go to New Orleans.

Michelle Woj said...

That looks like so much fun!! I was wondering why you weren't at the gym on Saturday. Don't you love how I keep tabs on you and Kim? Ha ha!

The Hiller Family said...

Even my BYU man was excited to see the Utes play this game! We had a party here and everything... I'm glad you were able to be there for the game, AND without the kids?? Awesome!! Glad you enjoyed it there!

Rachel Banks said...

Props to Chelsi for my awesome new header. She has talent far beyond my comprehension. Also, thanks to all my friends who take an interest in my family and me. It means so much to have friends like you in my life. I know that sounds cheesy and cliche...I believe in cheesy and cliche. It has taken me years to find value in this.

Char said...

I'm pretty jealous you were able to soak up some warm weather. Without the kids? Major bonus.

Nate and Camie said...

I didn't know you guys were such U of U fans until you started your blog. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Go UTES!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones