Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Secret

Most of you know Joseph and I well enough to know that our relationship is like Frank and Marie on "Everybody Loves Raymond"...They argue, insult each other, and always have to be right. That sums us up perfectly. However, secretly, I LOVE him. (Don't tell him because I don't want his head to swell.)

This week has proven to me why I love him.
  • He missed two days of work just to stay home with my sick girls while I worked.
  • He doesn't have a problem when I go to the gym for 2 hours on Saturday morning and he has to take care of the girls.
  • We went Christmas shopping for hours on Saturday and he didn't complain even once. (I did feel bad after rows and rows of girl toys, when he went down the boy isle and played with some of the boy toys...SAD!)
  • After all that, he encouraged me to go to a friends' party down in Salt Lake and he would stay home with the girls. It was so dang fun. I got home so late, and he was so nice!
  • On Sunday night, he text me while I was driving down to Salt Lake for rehearsal, telling me to let him know when I got there. (He says it was because he wants to cash in on life insurance, but I don't believe it.)
  • Now, he is watching Desperate Housewives with me and we are almost all caught up.
  • Tomorrow, he is going to the girls' gymnastics shows and filming them since I have a performance.

Am I right? What a guy!

10 comments:

Angie said...

I love you secret, what a neat husband you have!

Kimberly Lee said...

Yeh he's alright! :) j/k you know I love Joe......sometimes!! :)

And he can come play with Chandler's toys whenever he wants.

Karen and Adam said...

Frank and Marie, eh? Well, you guys look a lot different...thankfully! ;) Well Joe sounds pretty neat...but he's pretty darn lucky to have you, too. :)

We are the Dall family said...

I think Joe puts off a front. But he really is a nice guy. Don't tell him I said that.I want him to think that I think he is a jerk so he will be nice and smile once in a while.

But seriously, you do have a awesome husband!

Char said...

What a great husband!

The Geddes Family said...

What a great husband! Frank and Marie made Everybody Loves Raymond. They are so hilarious. Now I know why you guys are so much fun!

Michelle Woj said...

Performance? What kind of performance do you have?

Awww your husband sounds like such a nice guy. Sound like we both got ourselves a couple good ones. ;)

The Stones said...

Aww! Cute post Rach! We know you love each other!

Rachel Banks said...

We are the worst couple ever. At least Marie could cook. From, Joe

Sharon said...

Your blog is great! I love how you changed the "comment" to "tell me what you think", how did you do that?
This post was especially cute! Thanks for sharing!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones