Sunday, December 7, 2008

This weekend was a blast. We had a great time because of all the fantastic events. We always have to go to the Festival of Trees because my mom is on the board. She works really hard and always does a bunch of trees. She is also in charge of all the treats and stuff. Kim and I volunteered in the Sweet Shoppe on Wednesday and had a good time. Then Joseph and I took the girls down this weekend to soak in all the happiness. We met up with the Dalls. Our kids just get along really well...almost too well! They're like cousins when they are together.

This is my mom in the parade. They have these really neat bagpipes that always make me want to cry. It is times like these that I am really proud to be her daughter.

This is one of my mom's numerous projects. As you know, her dad passed away last July. She misses him a lot. My Grams is a trooper too. She helps my mom like nothing else. Her and Cassidee have a special bond.


We also did a train gingerbread project. The girls loved it so much. Half of it is already gone!


We went to Joseph's work party. This is his boss. I really think he is the best boss ever. He does, after all, put up with Joe. Thanks Kim, for watching the girls!


P.S. A funny story...So a few weeks ago my mom and dad were on 33rd South running some errands. A young mad approached them with a broken key and explained to them that he had just purchased a motorcycle and the key had broken in the ignition. He went on to say that he only had 8 bucks and had to pay a locksmith or whatever in cash. He asked my kind parents if they could help him out. They willingly lent him money and gave him their business card because he offered to pay them back. They didn't even think twice about it.
Last night, my dad was at the Festival of Trees when a young man approached him with a broken key. This young man continued to explain that he had just purchased a motorcycle and the key had broken in the ignition...Wait a minute...does this sound redundant? That is because it is! Same guy, same story. My dad calmly let him continue about his sob story and then kindly reminded the gentleman of the exact time and exact address of the last time he hit him up. He then continued to tell the young man that he was taking advantage of kind and generous people who are at the Festival to contribute to the aid of the patients of Primary Children's Hospital. Way to go DAD! What a jerk!

9 comments:

Kimberly Lee said...

That story is hilarious, Jon had just told me about it. What a loser!!

p.s did you see the post of the girls??? I had to do like 3 today to catch up. :)

Karen and Adam said...

Well no wonder you're so awesome...sounds like your mom is amazing too, huh? That story about the broken key is crazy!

Angie said...

I love Festival of the Trees and your mom is amazing for do that!! The broken key story is too funny, what a jerk that guy is! Thanks for the cute mom comment on my blog after you witness the church shoe thing yesterday, you are so sweet!!

Michelle Woj said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I can't believe that guy bumming money from everyone. What a jerk!! We should find him and do some bodycombat on his @ss! ;) Good for your dad!

I just read your sidebar, too. You want to lose 15 pounds? You'd disappear into the air! What are you talking about??!? You look awesome!

The Geddes Family said...

We love the Festival of Trees and Primary Children's (Peri had surgery there when she was 4). You and your mom are awesome to do that for such an amazing cause!

The Hiller Family said...

Crazy story about that guy and your parents! The YW made stuff this year for the Festival of Trees as their service project... it was so much fun and the YW loved what they were doing it for! Kudos to your mom for all she is doing as well!!

Nate and Camie said...

I love the Festival of Trees. I wish I could have gone this year. Funny story. I can't believe that guy. I wonder how much money he got.

Char said...

Your train is so cute! I bet my kids would love to do something like that. Your mom sounds like a neat lady. Dallin had surgery at PCMC when he was 2. We love it there!

Diana said...

love the pictures. WE used to go nearly every year to the Festival of Trees, this post brings back good memories.
It's fun to see your mom she hasn't changed in 12 years.
Good for your Dad, telling that kid off.

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones