Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sicily is awesome

I really wanted to start Sicily potty training this spring break. I was really optimistic when she wanted to put on panties and even sat on the potty with her cookie. It was great. Five minutes later when we were sitting down for lunch, she goes, "Hurry Mommy! Get a diaper!" and had an accident all over the kitchen. Now....not so optimistic. We'll see what happens. :) This story cracked me up...We were sitting downstairs and the girls were just finishing up their Wii excursion for the evening. Joseph was yelling at them because we have four controllers and they're supposed to use the controllers that can be recharged. They, of course, were using the controllers that needed regular AA batteries. All of the sudden, Sicily got a really determined look on her face and started talking about batteries. She went to one of our drawers and pulled out a screwdriver. We were trying to tell her that it was a screwdriver and not batteries. But then it dawned on me....we have so many toys that you have to use a screwdriver TO GET TO THE BATTERIES. What a clever little girl! Here she is trying to get to the batteries in the controller. I LOVE SICILY!

12 comments:

Kristi Lou said...

Yeah for potty training!!!

Kimberly Lee said...

So funny!! Chandler has done that before with the screwdriver when he knew some batteries needed to be changed. They pay attention when we don't think they are. I love it!! Little smarties!!

Potty training?! That's a different story.........so frusterating!! :)

Melanie said...

Sicily is so darling and apparently very very smart!!! I love 2 year olds!!!!

Cassidee said...

i told clarissa how to get on the blog so the other day she told me i always google your name and get on your moms blog. it made me so happy!

The Stones said...

Love that girl. She is seriously the cutest thing!

The Hiller Family said...

So clever! A little smarty pant on your hands... are you ready for it!! She 's so cute and I love her name! (i've got names on my mind - can you tell!?)

Diana said...

How cute. That battery/screwdriver story cracks me up. These kids just get smarter and smarter all the time.
Good luck with the potty training :)

We are the Dall family said...

that is so funny! I hope potty training goes well. Panties are so nice!

Michelle Woj said...

Ah what a sweetie! So cute!!!! You'll have to let me know how you got her to sit ON the potty and not stand IN it or put the padded part on her head like a hat.. That seems to be my problem these days.. :)

Char said...

What a cutie! Good luck with potty training. I have to face that with Maeli sometime too.

Darci Wilson said...

What a little smartie pants! She looks so big in that picture too!

Rognonsweetpeas said...

What a doll! Good luck on the potty training-I will be heading down that road soon. Love your girls they are so darling!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones