Monday, October 27, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I really don't know if there is anything weird or funny about myself but I'll give it a shot... 1. I despise spiders. When I see one, my heart pounds really hard and I get sweaty. It's gross.

2. I used to sing in high school...like a lot. I was in just about every music class that was offered, including guitar.

3. I never wanted to have kids. Is that rude? Accidents happen! Then after you have one, you have to keep going. Luckily, I love my girls!

4. I love to be needed. When people call me for help, it makes me happy. I guess that is why I'm a teacher.

5. When I was a teenager, I was scared of the Bear Lake Monster...and sharks...in Bear Lake.

6. One time, I sliced my head open all the way to the skull and I looked at it. I had a plastic surgeon repair the scar.

7. When I was 24, I hit a parked car. A parked car in front of an elementary school! Oh, the good ol' days! I am still probably the world's worst driver. Please keep your kids off the streets...and sidewalks.

The people I tag are...Kim Lee,Charlene Wilhelmsen, Crystal Howe, Sean Hennefer, Stefanie, Alison Lucas, and Angie Pitts

10 comments:

Karen and Adam said...

Rachel, your blog just makes me smile! I LOVE that you hit a parked car! I hit my bishop's mailbox the first month we had our van...and the van was full of beehives. Memorable moment for me. Glad to hear there are people like me out there! ;)

Angie said...

I also love the parked car story. That is great! I am with you on the spider thing, gross!!

We are the Dall family said...

I need you all the time, so you must LOVE me extra!!!
I think you are a good singer and you sould do a solo in church. Wany me to contact the music chair? I think she is you neighbor???

Diana said...

This was a fun post to read. I really dislike spiders too but mice is what gets my heart pounding I have such an irrational fear of any kind of rodent.
I love that you love to be needed. That must make you an excellent mom and teacher.
Just so you know I too never wanted kids. So two is enough for me.

Your letter is R.

Rachel Banks said...

Chelsi, I don't know if you will read this or not...but I will not be singing in church because it has been at least 5 years :) since I graduated from High School. I'm a little out of practice.

Alison said...

Rachel. I totaly think you should sing in church. Growing up I remember my mom and I would entertain ourselves during church by trying to sing louder than your mom.
You are not my oldest friend, that would be the 93 year-old lady down the street. But I can't remember ever not knowing you. You and Tiff are my longest friends.

jill d said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Wheelers said...

Ryan has hit his share of parked cars too! You guys must have learned to drive from the same place. Your daugters are so pretty by the way!!

The Geddes Family said...

Hey Rachel,
I loved getting to know you better. I too did not think I wanted to have kids, but once you get started you realize they are amazing. I am also with you on the bad driving. I have grazed a park car as well (Bryan's). It makes me feel better reading everyone's driving moments.
Tiff

Karrie said...

Rachel,
Don't feel too bad about a parked car. When I was at NDPA I hit a parents car as they where pulling around the circle. How embarassing! Then to have to see that parent all the time. I also agree with you on spiders, yuck.

Mrs. Paskett

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones