Sunday, October 19, 2008

To Blog or not to Blog

I was going to write about this last night, but it was 1 a.m. and I had an artichoke cooking. I decided to eat my artichoke (yummy!) and finish blogging later.

But then I got to thinking...after my "friend's" comment, am I supposed to blog? Is anyone really interested in what I have to say? Or is this self therapy to guide me through my constant thoughts and insecurities. He says, "You have fans." Is he making fun of me? Do I have fans? Or is this his polite way of saying, "Seriously stop. Nobody cares."

Just FYI, I have a thing about broken things. Even garbage cans.

Well, I figure I have come this far, and if I was up until 1 in the morning working on a new slide show and adding some pictures, I might as well continue on my journey through the blogging world...which I love by the way. Thanks Chelsi.

Wow, where did that come from?

We went to the Dall's house for a little Halloween celebration. I'm always down for that, since the girls only get to wear their costume once or twice during the month.

This is Cassidee. This costume was from last year. My mom made it for Cassidee's oral book report. She read the fourth Harry Potter book and was Hermione. Since I was a bad mom this year, she just used this costume and switched it into to Queen Elizabeth-younger years. I think she looks fabulous. Kennedy was a fairy last year. This year, same costume (minus the wings) only Princess Diana. I was puzzled, but didn't say anything after looking at the cutest grin on the planet.
I really like this costume. Chelsi let us borrow it, because of the whole bad mom thing, I didn't get Sicily a costume this year. We think this is "Friendship Bear". Anyone know?
Since the Utes are 8-0, Chelsi and I are right on the Ute bandwagon. We are the hottest cheerleaders ever!
This picture is my little brother and his wife. They went to another party, but I stole this from their blog, because they look so awesome. I think maybe they were born during the wrong decade because seriously...they look too groovy baby!

8 comments:

Alison said...

Hey Rachel I'm a fan! I really do love to read about you and your family. I have the same pondering about my blog and if any one really cares what I think, but even if no one cares it's still fun.
And you are not a bad mom for simplifying halloween costumes. YOur kids all looked very cute, and happy and that is all that matters.

We are the Dall family said...

Rachel, I love your blog. I get excited to see when there is a new post because I know it is something that will make me laugh. I am glad I knew about the "Thanks Jerk," posting before I read it. Other wise I wouldn't have laughed as hard.
Thanks for the other night. It was lots of fun!!

Karen and Adam said...

I honestly love reading your blog! I look up to you for doing all the things you're doing, so it's nice to get a peek into what drives you! Your blog always makes me smile!

Stefanie said...

Rachel, first, keep blogging. It serves as both a good therapy for you, and a good read for me. I blog for my own therapy, but I love when other people enjoy what i wrote.
Second, that's Harmony Bear (I looked it up for you)
Have a great day!

The Stones said...

Hey I read your blog! Keep going! Your kids look cute in their costumes!

Anonymous said...

it's Harmony Bear.

Rachel Banks said...

Wow, I know I have good friends when they know (or look up) what Care Bear my baby is for Halloween! Awesome!

Karrie said...

Hey Rachel I'm your biggest fan, you so totally ROCK!, and are AWESOME too. Don't listen to silly boys, what do they know about cool blogs. Keep up the blog I love to check it to see what you and the fam are up to.

Love ya
AKA Mrs. Paskett hehehe

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones