Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We love Gramps!

So I was thinking today about my Gramps. Some of you may know he passed away this past July. There are a couple things I will always remember about Gramps.

1. He answered the phone like this...
"Hello"
"Hi Gramps"
"Who's this?"
"It's Rachel"
"Rachel who?"
"Rachel Lee"
"Oh, well that's a funny name." (Gramps first name was Lee)
2. He always, from the day I can remember, played Santa Claus.
3. He came to every single one of my girls' birthday parties, blessings, and baptisms.
4. He and Grams let me live in their upstairs apartment virtually free while Cassidee and I got back on our feet.
5. He sang in Norwegian
6. He was happy even though he hurt a lot.
7. He served two missions to Norway.



I love my Grams too. She is a trooper! She cries when she laughs, is always willing to help, and does a birthday card for each of the girls every year. She is also a mad recylcer which makes me proud! Go Grams go!

4 comments:

We are the Dall family said...

Now I know where you get the "let's go green" from.
That is a nice post about your grandpa. Sorry you lost him, I bet that was hard.

The Wheelers said...

What a sweet post for your grandparents! I love your Gramp's sense of humor ;-)

Karen and Adam said...

What a nice post, Rachel! They both sound like really neat people.

Bruce and Mitzi said...

Rachel,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my grandma in July too (due to cancer), and it was so hard. What a nice way to honor his memory. He sounds like a neat man.

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones