Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Adventures of Being Spouseless

I guess I need to vent tonight. I'm used to Joseph being gone and it really doesn't bother me. He is up in Oregon this week and I guess I am tired. I will try to create a vivid description of my week so far...only half way through.


Mondays are always awesome for some reason.


Tuesday started well. On the days that I have to be to school by 8:00 a.m., Joseph takes Sicily to East Layton and I take the older girls to school with me. This is what we did on Tuesday morning.

Then I got to school, had a meeting, heard "Puedo ir el bano, por favor?" about a thousand times, had ANOTHER meeting, and left by 4:30. Then it was off to get Sicily from my job share's house (thanks Bethany!) and over to get Cassidee and the carpool kids from gymnastics. I stopped for dinner-thanks to Subway-took the friends home and rushed us home. By this time, it is close to 6:00. I hurried and changed, get the girls fed and off to the gym for one of my favorite classes at 6:50.

On the way home=drama. Sicily is poopey, Kennedy is screaming at the top of her lungs because of the smell. Our Amarda didn't seem that big anymore. Cassidee lets Sicily out of her car seat and madness occurs. Poor Kim just wants to get home to her sweet angel babies! When we get home, I get called a lot of names. For instance, "promise breaker". Kennedy is mad because I can't get the computer to work and I told her she could play on Club Penguin. JEEZ! I can't wait until 9:00.


Today...I have the day off. But I'm changing diapers, doing laundry, dishes, getting groceries, and trying to get the stupid computer to work. Then, Joseph calls. I get a little cranky when he talks about his day. "Well, I didn't get to that Rachel. I was really busy. We were out to eat last night and I was golfing with clients all day. I'm just heading to go out right now." What?????


But then everything turns all worth it. Cassidee just told me that I am a great mom and that she loves me, Kennedy spent five minutes jumping up and down because I got her Cinnamon Toast Crunch at the store, and Sicily is snug in her bed. I love my girls and I love my job. I'm also grateful for all the friends I have that get me through the day! That is enough venting for the night! Whew, thanks for listening.

7 comments:

Karen and Adam said...

Rachel, you are amazing. I seriously don't know how you do all you do. I'd be ripping my hair out. And in the midst of all this, I come to your house this morning, and your house is clean and your hair looks better than mine and you're smiling and complimenting me. You really are a neat person!
Oh, and I am always the happiest on Mondays too...I wonder why.

Angie said...

That is so hard to do everything by yourself! I am sorry, but you handle things so well. Isn't it amazing how one min we are the worst mom in the world and the next we are the best.

Char said...

You just described so many of my days. One minute the world is falling apart, the next everything is wonderful again. You feel like a crazed mom one second and then somehow things get back on track and life is good again. I can totally relate.

We are the Dall family said...

Isen't it great to vent? How do you do it all and still look good all the time? Let me in on your secret?

When does Joe get home? You should make him watch the kids and we can go out and have some girl time!!

Kimberly Lee said...

Thank you for letting me be a part of the experience Tuesday night. If I didn't think I was done having kids before, I do now! :) I'm kidding, you know I love your girls. They are the best nieces ever. Your not so bad either :) We are for sure going out when Joe gets back, you deserve it. Love ya!

Nate and Camie said...

What a couple of crazy days you've had. At least Wed. ended well. It's those sweet moments that make all the craziness worth it. I think life is busy with one child. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when we get to 3.

Stefanie said...

Rachel - I am sorry I didn't see this post before. I know the totally stressed out feeling of life continuing to rotate in mad chaos when your hubby is gone. Sometimes when Kamron is gone it seems a hundred times worse than when he's here. Or maybe its just that I don't handle it as well because in the back of my mind I know he's not coming home that night to give me any kind of relief from the chaos.
Kamron has been out of town all this month. He comes home for the weekends, and I've had these total chaotic moments. I do echo everyone though in asking, how on earth do you do all that you do and still stay so put together??

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones